Contract Planning will introduce personnel new to the contracting field to their role as a business advisor in the acquisition process. It focuses on the students’ role in understanding their customers’ mission and their ability to plan successful mission support strategies based upon their knowledge of the contracting environment and their customer needs. Students will learn how to use the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), conduct effective market research, develop alternative acquisition strategies, and understand how socioeconomic programs support the acquisition planning process.
- CON 115, Contracting Fundamentals OR
- CON 110, Mission-Support Planning AND
- CON 111, Mission Strategy Execution AND
- CON 112, Mission-Performance Assessment AND
- CON 120, Mission-Focused Contracting
Course Length: Approximately 11 hours to complete
- EFFECTIVE 1 OCT 2019 POINTS WILL CHANGE TO CEU = 1.1; CLP = 11; RRP = 3
- Completing CON 121, 124 and 127 in sequential order is highly recommended.
- All exams in this course must be passed with a minimum score of 80%. You will have 2 opportunities to retake an exam in its entirety. After a 3rd failure, you will automatically be restarted in the course.
- There is no time limit for completing this course.
- After completing the course, please be sure to complete the survey at the end.