The course begins with a review of market research and contractor pricing strategies. Students will learn to calculate an objective using simple quantitative analysis. The course provides an overview of the regulations and processes for cost analysis, and requiring certified cost and pricing data. Students are also provided instruction on contract financing techniques. Finally, after learning the basic elements of price and cost analysis, students will build and defend a pre-negotiation objective. Students will apply cost analysis techniques during a week two proposal analysis capstone case, including writing a Price Negotiation Memorandum.
- CLC 057, Performance Based Payments and Value of Cash Flow
- CLC 058, Introduction to Contract Pricing
- CON 127, Contract Management
Course Length: 8 classroom days
- Participant performance will be formally assessed by two graded exams, each worth 50% of the total grade.
- Pre-work required (approx. 0.5 hours) / Walk-ins authorized / Pre-work accessible on Student Center.
- Completing CLC 024, CLC 056 and CON 090 prior to registering is strongly recommended.