This course builds on pre-award business and contracting knowledge necessary to process complex procurements and places emphasis on planning successful mission support while executing an acquisition strategy that optimizes customer mission results. Participants will learn various techniques for building successful business relationships; the benefits of strategic sourcing and DoD’s policy for managing risks and the 7-Step process for acquiring services. The learner will also learn policies and procedures impacting other pre-award functions to include small business requirements, source selection strategies, contract financing, incentive contracts, and how to properly plan for an acquisition.
- CON 214, Business Decisions for Contracting
Course Length: Approximately 25 hours to complete
- Completing CON 170 prior to registering is recommended.
- All exams in this course must be passed with a minimum score of 80%. You will have 2 opportunities to retake an exam in its entirety. After a 3rd failure, you will automatically be restarted in the course.
- There is no time limit for completing this course.
- After completing the course, please be sure to complete the survey at the end.