This course builds on the foundation established through the Level I curriculum and the course prerequisites. The primary focus is on the acquisition of services under FAR Part 15 procedures, with an emphasis on performance-based acquisitions (PBA) for services, contract types, contract incentives, source selection, and contract administration. Students will learn the fundamentals of a performance based service acquisition — from acquisition planning to contract closeout through a realistic case study. The course takes students through the solicitation process using the mandatory DoD Source Selection Procedures. Students will prepare contractual documents, and develop and deliver high-level source selection briefings with recommendations for contract award.
- ACQ 101, Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management
- CLC 051, Managing Government Property in the Possession of Contractors
- CLC 056, Analyzing Contract Costs
- CON 200, Business Decisions for Contracting
- CON 216, Legal Considerations in Contracting
- CON 170, Fundamentals of Cost and Price Analysis (REQUIRED for FY20 Offerings)
- CON 270, Intermediate Cost and Price Analysis (NOT required for FY20 Offerings)
- HBS 428, Negotiating
- CON 215, Intermediate Contracting for Mission Support
Course Length: 9.5 classroom days
- Pre-work required (approx. 18 hours) / Walk-ins authorized / Pre-work accessible on DAU Blackboard.